SuperHost offers affordable, relevant and quality customer service training for front-line employees in the tourism industry. SuperHost is intended for people who are entering the workforce for the first time or after a significant break or are fairly new to working in a customer-facing role.
SuperHost was first launched in 1985 in preparation for the Expo ’86 in British Columbia. Since then, SuperHost has become the standard for customer service excellence in BC and an internationally recognized leader in training for the tourism industry. Over the last 30 years, it was operated and managed by the BC Government through its provincial destination marketing organization, Destination British Columbia and its predecessor, Tourism British Columbia. It has expanded its course offerings and was rebranded to WorldHost Training Services in 2009, just before the 2010 Winter Olympic Games.
Early in 2017, Destination BC transferred WorldHost over to go2HR, who is launching a new suite of the classroom and online courses under the revitalized, refreshed SuperHost brand (®™).
- Basic customer service, communication and teamwork skills – some of the key 21st-century skills
- Relationships between service quality, customer experience, and business objectives
- The importance of front-line employees in service sector businesses
- Expectations from the point of view of customers, employers and employees
- Communication etiquette and best practices
- Service recovery techniques
- Metrics used to assess customer experience and service quality
This 6-hour course is in the classroom format and the lessons include fun, interactive activities and participants will go home with ideas and skills that they can apply for their job right away.
There is no previous training required for this course.
Certificate will be given at the end of the course.
The course fee is $125 Plus GST