Serving It Right
Serving It Right (SIR) is designed for people working in tourism and hospitality (as well as individuals whose Special Event Permit requires them to have SIR) to find ways to keep customers and the public safe while allowing them to enjoy the benefits and pleasures that good food and drink can bring. It is designed to encourage a responsible, caring and professional approach to the serving of alcohol.
- understand the effects of alcohol on the body
- know how to recognize signs of intoxication
- know their responsibilities under the law and the consequences for not meeting them
- know how to ID minors to prevent underage drinking
- know how to develop and/or support appropriate alcohol service policies
- know how to handle typical situations requiring intervention
This is a 1 day (8 hour) program (including coffee & lunch breaks).
There is no previous training required for this course.
The certificate will be given at the end of the course. Certification is valid for 5 years.
Please call for course fee. There are no public courses scheduled at this time. Please contact ProSafe at 604-585-7233 if you would like to book a group training course