Fresh local food, handled with care
The MarketSafe program is designed to increase awareness of food safety and safe food handling practices for farmers’ market vendors, market managers, farm-gate vendors, home kitchen food processors, and others who make, bake or grow food products for sale outside of regulated food service establishments.
MarketSafe was developed by FOODSAFE and the BC Association or Farmers’ Markets in cooperation with industry, education, public health, and agriculture.
- The Causes of Foodborne Illness
- Personal Hygiene
- Preparing Higher Risk Foods in Commercial Kitchens
- Preparing Lower Risk Foods in Home Kitchens
- Storage, Packaging and Labelling
- Transporting Food to Market
- Displaying Food
- Providing Food Samples
This is a 1 day (7 hour) program (including coffee & lunch breaks).
There is no previous training required for this course.
Successful participants must achieve 70% on a 40-question multiple choice exam. There is currently no expiry on a MarketSafe certificate.
- Temporary Certificates will be given out at the end of the course. Fraser Health will mail official certificates to ProSafe, and participants will be notified once certificates are available for pick up.
The course fee is $79+GST.
|Course Name||Location||Start Date|
|MarketSafe August 14, 2019||ProSafe Abbotsford||Register|
|MarketSafe August 15, 2019||ProSafe Surrey||Register|
|MarketSafe September 11, 2019||ProSafe Abbotsford||Register|
|MarketSafe September 19, 2019||ProSafe Surrey||Register|
|MarketSafe Oct 16, 2019||ProSafe Abbotsford||Register|
|MarketSafe Oct 17, 2019||ProSafe Surrey||Register|
|MarketSafe Nov 14, 2019||ProSafe Surrey||Register|
|MarketSafe Nov 20, 2019||ProSafe Abbotsford||Register|
|MarketSafe Dec 11, 2019||ProSafe Abbotsford||Register|
|MarketSafe Dec 12, 2019||ProSafe Surrey||Register|