Fresh local food, handled with care
The MarketSafe program is designed to increase awareness of food safety and safe food handling practices for farmers’ market vendors, market managers, farm-gate vendors, home kitchen food processors, and others who make, bake or grow food products for sale outside of regulated food service establishments.
MarketSafe was developed by FOODSAFE and the BC Association or Farmers’ Markets in cooperation with industry, education, public health, and agriculture.
- The Causes of Foodborne Illness
- Personal Hygiene
- Preparing Higher Risk Foods in Commercial Kitchens
- Preparing Lower Risk Foods in Home Kitchens
- Storage, Packaging and Labelling
- Transporting Food to Market
- Displaying Food
- Providing Food Samples
This is a 1 day (7 hour) program (including coffee & lunch breaks).
There is no previous training required for this course.
Successful participants must achieve 70% on a 40-question multiple choice exam. There is currently no expiry on a MarketSafe certificate.
- Temporary Certificates will be given out at the end of the course. Fraser Health will mail official certificates to ProSafe, and participants will be notified once certificates are available for pick up.
The course fee is $79+GST.