Lane-Closure Technician (LCT)
The LCT course was developed to provide Traffic Control Persons (TCPs) with the additional skills to create site specific traffic control plans, conduct safety meetings, set-up traffic control zones, control traffic, adjust work zone equipment, supervise TCPs and respond to emergency situations.
- Roles & responsibilities of a Field Lane Technician & Supervisor
- Regulations & standards, including those set out by the Ministry of Transportation, WorkSafeBC & the Motor Vehicle Act
- Traffic control equipment & devices
- Setting up, maintaining & removing work zones
- Basic and advanced traffic control skills
This is a 1-day (8 hour) program (including breaks). Theory will be conducted in a classroom setting, and the practical session will be evaluated on the road.
Participants must be at least 16 years of age and have completed the 2-day Traffic Control Persons (TCP) certification program or the 1-day TCP recertification program.
What to Bring:
- Photo identification
- CSA approved steel-toed boots with min. 6 in. ankle protection, High vis helmet & vest
- Clothing to protect you from the weather
- Hip Guide from your TCP program
- Pen & highlighter
Successful participants must complete a written exam and achieve 80%, and demonstrate practical skills competency during road evaluation.
The course fee is $189 plus GST
|Course Name||Location||Start Date|
|Lane-Closure Technician (LCT) Sun. October 26 2019||ProSafe Surrey||
|Lane-Closure Technician (LCT) Saturday November 23 2019||ProSafe Abbotsford||
|Lane-Closure Technician (LCT) December 7th 2019||ProSafe Surrey||