Fall Protection Awareness
The Occupational Health & Safety Regulation requires workers to use fall protection systems when they could fall from a height of 3m (10ft) or more, or where a fall from a lesser height could result in serious injury. This course has been designed to provide basic information to assist both employers & employees to meet their responsibilities under the Occupational Health & Safety regulations & to decrease risk of injury.
- fall protection measures required by the Occupational Health & Safety Regulations
- items required in a written fall protection plan
- basic principles for safe selection & use of ladders
- the hierarchy for fall protection methods
- information on the difference between fall restraint & fall arrest systems
- components of personal fall protection systems & their specifications
- proper application of full body harnesses, lanyards & vertical lifeline rope grabs
- reasons for following safe work practices related to personal fall protection systems
This is a 3 hour course offered in both English or Punjabi.
There is no previous training required for this course.
Certificate will be given at end of the course.
Please call for course fee. There are no public courses scheduled at this time. Please contact ProSafe at 604-585-7233 if you would like to book a group training course.